Safety First, Safety Always Protocol
In an effort to implement a “Safety First, Safety Always” environment and adapt current best practice guidelines, our offices and staff have implemented the following procedures to keep you and your family safe during your appointments.
- All of our office locations were cleaned and sanitized with a hospital grade disinfectant prior to opening.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing.
- We will require all age-appropriate family members, remaining in the office while the patient is being seen, arrive with a face mask and follow the recommended social distancing guidelines.
- We will continue to follow our standard protocol for sterilization and testing of all our instruments, equipment, and water supply.
- You will be asked to wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon entering our offices.
- We are conducting daily screening of all of our employees and doctors for increased temperatures and COVID-19 signs/risk factors.
A Letter to Our Patient Families
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our new normal habits and routines. While many things will be changing, one thing has remained a constant. The health and safety of our patients, their families, and our team is our number one priority.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
COVID-19 has had many effects worldwide and dentistry is truly included. You will see a lot of
changes in the way we perform dentistry as well as changes in your future appointments. We want to assure you that this new normal will keep you, your child, our staff, and our doctors safe. These changes include:
- All of our locations have been fogged with a hospital grade disinfectant and all surfaces have been cleaned and sanitized.
- Toys, magazines, crayons and other items have been removed from our waiting room as these items are harder to completely disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Health screenings for all of our employees will be conducted and recorded each day.
- Patients will also go through a general health screening prior to their appointment
- Our doctors and staff will be wearing enhanced personal protection equipment (PPE).
- You and your child will be asked to wash your hands upon entering the building and anytime we observe a need for them to be washed again.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing your smile shine.
The Brink & White Team